The Academic Affairs Administrator supports the Administration Excellence Centre and is responsible for the management of the academic administrative related activities for the departments supported by the AEC. Acts as a resource person for Chairs, faculty members and administrators on policies, procedures and a variety of issues in the academic faculty lifecycle such as recruitment and selection, immigration, tenure and promotion, sabbaticals, leaves and retirement.
- Acts as the primary contact and liaison between the departments and the Academic Affairs Office of the Faculty of Medicine. Informs departmental Chairs and academic/administrative staff with respect to academic policies and procedures governing recruitment and selection process, immigration, academic appointments, academic salary administration, leaves, termination and retirement. Ensures consistency, equity and compliance in the application of these policies across the AEC.
- Runs the administrative aspects of academic search committees, ensuring compliance with the Faculty and University policies and procedures. Prepares tenure-track and CAS recruitment files to ensure accuracy and completeness of documents and compliance with relevant policies and procedures. Composes letters of offer for academic appointments and reappointments, ensuring that all Faculty and University policies, procedures and collective agreement are respected.
- Manages the administrative aspects of the department-level tenure and academic promotion process including liaising with departmental Chairs and administrative staff, candidates and the Faculty of Medicine’s Academic Affairs Office. Ensures documentation is complete and submitted within deadlines. Maintains systems to track tenure and promotion information, organize mid-point review for tenure track members. Ensures cohorts are aware of their responsibilities and follow through on them.
- Participates in the administration of the annual academic performance evaluation exercise and academic salary policy.
- Provides administrative support to the Chair to ensure sabbatical leave applications are accurate, complete and submitted on time to the Vice-Dean’s Office.
- Evaluates job descriptions for Research Associates and Academic Associates. Discuss position requirements and qualifications with the hiring party. Provide guidance on the posting and selection process. Ensure compliance with the appropriate collective agreement and Faculty norms.
- Ensures effective processing of documentation pertaining to terminations, retirements and leaves according to Faculty and University policies.
- Processes salaries and stipends according to Faculty and University policies.
- Fosters and maintains excellent working relationships with stakeholders. Collaborates regularly with other Academic Affairs Administrators to identify and implement best practices and standardize services across all AECs that ensures consistency, equity and compliance.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Faculty Academic Affairs Office to ensure standards are met and record keeping is complete, consistent and transparent.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.