Provide the best possible research and learning environment for students, staff and visitors through quality services, reliable and cost effective maintenance, renovations, construction projects and building operations of the University’s physical resources. Provide the planning, development, implementation and expertise required to ensure the protection, safety and maintenance of University property and resources. Foster a safe and healthy environment for students, staff and visitors. Maintain and improve the standards for the protection, security and maintenance of University property. Provide quality business operations to support the daily needs of students and staff, such as Buildings and Grounds, Residences, Food Services, Housekeeping, Parking, Mailroom, Printing and Bookstore operations, Athletics and Recreation, etc. Provide a project management approach to large and medium construction or renovation projects, as well as Information Technology projects.
- Makes recommendation on the selection of new staff.
- Supervises, trains and creates schedules for front desk staff.
- Trains front desk staff to respond to trouble signals on the fire panel and building security issues.
- Maintains property system; provides reports as required.
- Responsible for reservations, room assignments and all matters related to occupancy of over 800 rooms from September to April and, from May to August, it operates as a hotel operation.
- Ensures that students and summer business clients receive a quality service from front desk.
- Ensures rigid financial controls are in place and adhered to by all staff.
- Monitors the daily deposits of staff. responsible for cash floats.
- Manages the housekeeping staff (16 employees), liaises with trades, residence life, conference coordinator, catering and security as needed.
- Receives, sorts and follows up on maintenance call slips, ensuring prompt response to requests.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Student Housing & Hospitality Services
475 Sherbrooke Street West
Att: Linda Quinn
hrapplication2.shhs [at] mcgill.ca