Administer, analyze, manage or direct the activities related to the University’s administrative procedures, policies and processes to support the administration of 688 Sherbrooke Administrative Service Centre. Perform and organize activities to support operations of the University such as administration, finance, human resources, communications, student affairs, and physical resources. Foster relationships with other units and external organizations.
- Organize and verify the work of others and participates in their training. Regularly confer with the immediate supervisor in order to plan ahead, co-ordinate administrative support needs. Back-up to Office Manager during absences and acts as functional supervisor to support staff.
- Assess and resolve administrative problems regarding academic hiring, provide a liaison function with other University units regarding new hiring (Faculty Budget Office, Central Human Resources, Academic Personnel Office, other departments and external organizations (Service Canada and MIDI – Ministère de l’Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion du Québec).
- Provide advice on academic matters to Academics, Postdocs, Course Lecturers, Teaching Assistants and Research Assistants for hiring, leaves, Work Permits, etc.
- Interprets collective agreements and selects the appropriate procedure relating to the administration of the collective agreements for AMURE, AMUSE, AGSEM, MUNACA and Course Lecturers.
- Prepare and process academic and non-academic appointments, documentation and forms to support human resources activities of the ASC, prepares advertisements, maintain personnel files, process sabbaticals and other leaves; creates academic appointments for new hires, tenures, Visiting Professors, Adjunct Professors, Academic Associates, Faculty Lecturers; termination of employment; assists with immigration issues such as initial work permit requests, and renewal of work permits, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of human resource initiatives/programs/policies at the department level introduced by the Faculty and/or the University.
- Oversee the logistical operations of the units for which the ASC provides support. Establish and monitor inventory including stationery, software licence acquisitions and distribution, office and electronic and audiovisual equipment. Maintain space inventory and interacts with facilities service units for the provision of required services to the building. Oversee access to buildings, Lenel access and keys in accordance with related policies.
- Oversee the organization and the co-ordination of meetings, conferences, and colloquiums.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Arts at apo.arts [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is April 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Arts will only contact applicants selected for an interview.