Provide efficient and effective administration to the Departments of Music Research and Performance in accordance with the unit's goals and objectives. Perform and organize activities to support administration of human resources, finance, student and academic affairs. Provide professional administrative support to Department Chairs and Supervisor.
- Supervise support staff (Student Affairs Coordinator for the Departments of Music Research and Performance). Plan and oversee the work of employees, including casuals. Assist employees in their training.
- Plan, organize, and implement activities for the support of HR administration of MCLIU, AGSEM, AMUSE and other sessional employee groups.Prepare job postings; design and implement online application forms; administer hiring process – contracts and onboarding of new and returning employees; administer payroll, and documentation related to leaves, benefits and employee status change; calculate vacation payouts, overtime, and other miscellaneous payments; submit requests to Human Resources.
- In close consultation with Supervisor and Department Chairs, monitor compliance with collective agreements. For example administer the implementation of article 15.03; support the establishment of relevant TQRs; and maintain priority points listings.
- Administer supplemental teaching payments for salaried academic staff. Verify fulfillment of assigned workloads (using Minerva Student Information System / HR platforms / Department databases), calculate additional hours as applicable, and present information to Finance.
- Supervise the administration of academic searches (Tenure-stream and ranked Contract Academic Staff).
- Implement new processes for academic activities; participate in the development of new online forms. For example, process for minor applications, new practical exam structure, teacher request form, etc.
- Oversee the administration of the Accompanist Funding Program; download and organize data; generate forms; monitor hiring/payroll documentation compliance.
- Oversee set up and administration of online course evaluations; download and organize data (for cross-listing of course sections).
- Provide back up support to Faculty committees, for example, Music Research Area Chairs (MRAC), Music Research Council, Performance Area Chairs (PAC), Performance Council, Academic Committee on Teaching and Programs (ACTP) as needed. Record and distribute minutes.
- Provide back up support for class scheduling process as needed.
- Compile statistics and data for inclusion in reports. Update documents and reports, either in print or web form.
- Oversee the planning of meetings, conferences, luncheons and special events.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
staffing.hr [at] mcgill.ca