Plan, develop and implement administrative procedures, policies and processes to support a faculty/department/ unit's goals and objectives and the University's overall mission of teaching and research; and foster relationships with other University units and external organizations. Perform and/or organize activities in support of the daily operations of a faculty/department/unit, by ensuring that administrative services are carried out in accordance with established goals and objectives. Implement administrative procedures or systems that are moderately complex to support the unit's operations and to ensure that administrative services meet or exceed established quality requirements. Act as advisor to unit members regarding University policies and procedures.
- Assess and resolve administrative problems. When appropriate, inform supervisor and formulate recommendations.
- Provide a liaison function with other University units and with external organizations.
- Perform budget/accounting functions. Assist with the preparation of operating, capital equipment and capital alteration budgets and/or research grant applications. Monitor and reconcile accounts. Approve and/or control expenditures within established guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports and statements.
- Provide administrative support for student affairs and academic activities of the unit, and provide advice on academic matters.
- Compile statistics and data for inclusion in University and external reports, and coordinate the production of publications and other materials.
- Administer physical resources of the unit or building in compliance with University and government regulations. Maintain space inventory and interact with facilities service units for the provision of required services to the building such as renovations, security, emergency responses.
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Proven experience with accounting and budget planning. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion at all times. Demonstrated organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet multiple deadlines and shifting priorities. Motivated self-starter with an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision as well as within a team. Knowledge of student affairs policy and regulations. Demonstrated public speaking skills. Demonstrated communication and written skills. Must be client focused and service oriented. Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite. Demonstrated proficiency with Banner (HRIS, SIS and FIS), Minerva and web publishing. English spoken and written. French spoken.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Arts at apo.arts [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is April 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Arts will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.