Under the direction of the Director Development and with a dotted-line report to the Managing Director, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, the Advancement Officer performs a wide range of activities to engage alumni, prospects, donors and other members of the McGill community meaningfully in the Faculty in order to maximize philanthropic support for Faculty of Engineering and the University. In alignment with University Advancement’s strategic objectives, the Advancement Officer oversees implementation of short and long-term plans to maximize high-level alumni engagement with the Faculty of Engineering and the University and its established alumni relations programs, including the Faculty Advisory Board.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Faculty’s key fundraising priorities.
- Work closely with alumni networks with a particular focus on those of high-capacity/low-affinity; identify, develop, implement and evaluate appropriate engagement programs, events and activities that can be leveraged for prospect engagement (e.g., increased Faculty participation in the alumni mentorship program).
- Analyze the faculty’s pipeline to determine appropriate engagement strategies to move the Faculty’s priority prospects through the giving stages.
- Identify individuals to determine capacity, inclination and interest in providing support to the Faculty.
- Cultivate prospects capable of contributing gifts to Faculty and University priorities. Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Obtain appointments, qualify and solicit McGill Annual Fund/Leadership gifts.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage network of Faculty-based volunteers to assist with alumni engagement and fundraising activities. Responsible for all schedules and follow-up communications to volunteers pre- and post- meetings.
- Act as project manager and key liaison between the faculty, central Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, and other key stakeholders in the implementation and delivery of engagement strategies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of stewardship programs and assist with the implementation of strategies to ensure that the University’s donors receive timely, accurate, consistent and appropriate impact information and recognition.
- Participate in University Advancement data capture initiatives and ensure data updates on all prospect and volunteer activity.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.