Contribute to the development and support of the IT Systems to ensure that they meet the current and future needs of the stakeholders and users community.
- Support IT team in resolving system incidents/problems and act as a liaison between Business Subject Matter Experts, technical teams and/or third-party vendors as required.
- Lead the implementation of simple enhancements to existing systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations.
- Gather business requirements.
- Evaluate feasibility, provide estimates, design solutions and prepare detailed specifications.
- Coordinate team effort in developing and implementing the enhancements.
- Work with other IT Professionals and Business Subject Matter Experts in implementing new systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations.
- Provide estimates for tasks and artifacts under own responsibility.
- Transform business requirements and conceptual system designs into detailed functional specifications in accordance with design standards.
- Develop the following artifacts (not limited to) for hand off to the development team and/or third-party vendors: functional specifications, interface designs and configuration specifications.
- Develop test scenarios and conduct detailed functional and integration testing to ensure programming/configuration has been done in accordance with detailed functional specifications and business requirements.
- Perform or assist in the configuration and control of system parameters and files to meet business requirements.
- Support Business Subject Matter Experts and users during user acceptance testing.
- Assist in the development of application documentation, user documentation and training materials.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca