Contribute to the development and support of the IT Systems to ensure that they meet the current and future needs of the stakeholders and users community.
- Support IT team in resolving system incidents/problems and act as a liaison between Business Subject Matter Experts, technical teams and/or third-party vendors as required
- Lead the implementation of simple enhancements to existing systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations:
- gather business requirements;
- evaluate feasibility, provide estimates, design solutions and prepare detailed specifications
- coordinate team effort in developing and implementing the enhancements
- Work with other IT Professionals and Business Subject Matter Experts in implementing new systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations:
- Provide estimates for tasks and artifacts under own responsibility
- Transform business requirements and conceptual system designs into detailed functional specifications in accordance with design standards
- Develop the following artifacts (not limited to) for hand off to the development team and/or third-party vendors: functional specifications, interface designs and configuration specifications
- Develop test scenarios and conduct detailed functional and integration testing to ensure programming/configuration has been done in accordance with detailed functional specifications and business requirements
- Perform or assist in the configuration and control of system parameters and files to meet business requirements
- Support Business Subject Matter Experts and users during user acceptance testing
- Assist in the development of application documentation, user documentation and training materials
Undergraduate degree (Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent)
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Functional knowledge of IT Business domains. Experience in the implementation, development and support of ERP, client-server and web-application systems.Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – ability to perform root/cause analysis. Demonstrated knowledge of functional analysis and data analysis - ability to understand and clarify business needs formulated by requesters and stakeholders. Experience in working with third-party software and third-party suppliers. Knowledge of the following would be an asset: business process techniques (BPMN), Master Solution Delivery methodologies (Macroscope Productivity Center), SOA concepts, Research Data Management Software.Self-motivated and ability to work well with multiple teams in cross functional set-up. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives and to manage deadlines. Experience with Ellucian’s Banner (General) applications considered a plus. Familiarity with Oracle, SQL and Java considered a plus.Demonstrated effective communication, writing and planning skills.English, spoken and written. French spoken and read.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than November 30, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.