The Assistant-Supervisor reports to the Sector Operations Supervisor. He assists him/her in his role of maintenance of building equipment and provision of an optimal environment for academic and research purposes, in support of the University Mission.
- Assists the Sector Operations Supervisor in the management of tradesmen stationed in the zone under his jurisdiction such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters, painters, control technicians, building operators and any other trade;
- Ensures that all work is executed in accordance with the McGill standards and that this unit meets the objectives of quality and service.
- Assist the Sector Operations Supervisor in ensuring the healthy operation of all equipment related to Building systems at the University.
- Supervises all work to be done on Building systems and help to determine the priorities for the renovation and/or modernization of related equipment.
- Administers the human, financial resources for trades (time sheets, WOs, inventory, etc.) and helps operate the unit as cost effectively as possible.
- Consults existing plans and designs as required and acts as a resource person in resolving problems and verifying progression of work.
- Participates in coordinating the work of the consultants, contractors and site inspectors and their work schedules.
- Prepares reports and other documents related to area of activity as well as maintaining records and files and updates computerized files and drawings.
- Participates in developing and implementing programs and schedules for preventive and predictive maintenance (PM and PPM).
- Maintain a high level of quality of service and seeks best practices in the business process review associated with this activity.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West,10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca