The Associate Director will provide strategic and business planning support to the assigned group of Chairs / Directors. This role has the overall responsibility to lead a team of Financial and HR specialists to provide excellent level services to members of the departments. The incumbent will assist in fostering strong working relationships with important internal and external benefactors as required. The AD's leadership role will be instrumental in delivering high performance and standards from all administrative employees he/ she is responsible for supervising.This position is for AEC 7 : Departments of Pathology, Oncology and Diagnostic Radiology.
- Serve as the senior adviser to department heads, with delegated authority to administer and facilitate all departmental human resources and financial activities while promoting all policies and procedures developed by the Faculty of Medicine and the University.
- Assist in the strategic development of new clinical and academic programs and the establishment of departmental goals by way of offering support for the development of departmental business plans and programs, including writing proposals, conducting analyses, and meeting and negotiating terms with executive administration from the Faculty of Medicine, the University, and external partners.
- Function independently in directing the work of his/her staff, anticipate and resolve problems proactively, lead the decision-making process, provide consistent leadership, and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships with all staff, faculty members, department heads, and other AEC Associate Directors of Administration.
- Communicate and interact effectively across multiple reporting relationships and to collaborate with other Associate Directors, Faculty of Medicine administration, and/or affiliated hospital administration in the identification and development of best practices and standardized policies and processes.
- Responsibilities will demand awareness of national and local trends, policies, and issues impacting the assigned departments.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.