Under the general direction of the Dean, Faculty of Dentistry, the incumbent will manage the Faculty Advancement team and its daily operations to develop and implement strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding Special and Major Gifts for the Faculty. The incumbent will develop and implement a fundraising plan for major gift prospects including the identification, cultivation and solicitation of individuals (alumni, parents, friends, etc), foundations and corporations capable of contributing major gifts of $100,000 or more to the Faculty of Dentistry priorities. The incumbent will develop, implement and lead Faculty’s alumni relations and engagement strategy and action plan, with the goal of maximizing donations to support the Faculty’s needs and priorities.
- Report to the Dean, Dentistry, and receive strategic guidance provided by University Advancement. Supervise the Development Officer and the Administrative Coordinator of the Faculty. Manage a prospect portfolio (approx. 100 – 150) and carry out significant steps (moves) in accordance with a strategy designed to result in increased philanthropic support for the Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects capable of contributing special gifts ($25,000 - $99,999) and major gifts ($100,000+) to support the Faculty’s priorities.
- Through personal visits, identify and qualify individuals to determine capacity, inclination and interests in providing special and major gift support to the Faculty. Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Develop major gift fundraising strategies and timetables, to secure gifts of $100,000 or more from top prospects in the SDO portfolio.
- Lead the development of the Faculty of Dentistry’s case for support documents by working closely with University Advancement and the Faculty’s resources, in order to achieve goals and needs. Work closely with the Faculty’s Communication Coordinator as well as the University Advancement Communications team to ensure that messages and communications (case statements, proposals, bulleting, and donor reports) are consistent with the University’s case for support and fundraising priorities.
- In collaboration with the Development Officer and the Administrative Coordinator, manage the organization of special events geared to major and special gift prospects, as well as regional prospects, to enhance ongoing alumni relations with theseparticular groups of prospects.
- Develop, implement and lead the Faculty’s alumni relations and engagement strategy and action plan with the goal of maximizing donations to support the Faculty’s needs and priorities.
- In collaboration with the Development Officer and the Administrative Coordinator, organize and manage volunteers to assist and promote fundraising efforts, namely the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Manage the membership, engagement and tri-annual meetings of the Faculty of Dentistry Advisory Board.
- Participate in Prospect Management System; ensure relationships with prospects and donors are managed and recorded in timely and appropriate contact reports, recording of proposals, etc.
- Undertake special projects.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your cirriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: rsvp.dentistry [at] mcgill.ca