Under the direction of the Executive Director, Philanthropy at the Neuro, and in collaboration with the Director, Faculty Programs University Advancement, the Associate Director Development - Major Gifts, develop, plan and implement strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding special and major gifts for the Neuro.
- Manage a prospect portfolio (approx. 100 – 120) and carry out significant steps (moves) in accordance with a strategy designed to result in increased philanthropic support for the Neuro.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects capable of contributing major gifts of $100,000 or more. Through personal visits, identify and qualify individuals, Foundations and corporations to determine capacity, inclination and interests in providing special and major gift support. Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Develop major gift fundraising strategies, timetables and progress reports, in collaboration with the Executive Director, to secure gifts of $100,000 or more from top prospects.
- Manage professional and support staff including Advancement Associate (Stewardship). Participate in the recruitment and training of new staff and in establishing performance standards/evaluation for direct reports.
- Create and manage volunteer networks that assist in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Participate in Prospect Management System; file timely and appropriate contact reports, recording of proposals, etc.
- Work closely with Neuro Development and Communications colleagues to develop messages and communications (case statements, proposals, bulletins, donor reports) that are consistent with the Neuro case for support and fundraising priorities.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.