Responsible for identifying the business needs of clients and stakeholders in order to contribute to the determination of IT-solutions to business problems.
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements.
- Translate business requirements into system design components (including but not limited to high-level use cases, UI prototypes (screen mockups); work closely with systems analysts and solution architects to ensure traceability of the business requirements to the delivered IT-solutions.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of communication plans between clients/stakeholders and IT from project inception to final implementation
- Understand business processes in order to recommend ways to automate them and their related activities.
- Proactively support the Design and Construction and Implementation phases by reviewing design documents and ensuring requirements are met; reviewing test strategy, test plans and test cases to ensure requirements are met; supporting QA and testing team; reviewing defects and working with client to determine the priority of fix and/or manual work around
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new business process solutions.
- As part of requirements elicitation activity, serve as a liaison between the business units and the IT teams
- Remain current with trends and topics related to Business Analysis.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca