The Class Scheduling Administrator will be involved in working with departments to obtain the necessary information required for scheduling, analyzing and updating the information in the scheduling software, producing timetables for the departments, meeting timelines and target deadlines. Represents the unit as a resource person and trouble-shooter for the University staff and faculty when issues are escalated. Analyses, reviews and investigates records discrepancies.
- Answers questions in-person, on the phone, by e-mail, or by other written correspondence.
- Uses professional judgment and discretionary authority to resolve problems and address concerns and issues from students, parents, faculty, staff, departments, and from other third parties.
- Uses investigation, professional judgment, and individual discretion, as appropriate. Follows through on issues until resolved, providing necessary correspondence and contact with students or third parties. Contacts student advisors, faculties, or other university departments to clarify situations, as necessary. Intercedes and/or advocates on the student's behalf.
- Takes appropriate action in unusual circumstances and will make exceptions to policy when warranted.
- Ensures that he/she is informed of and provided with up-to-date information regarding all policies, procedures, and practices related to the Class Scheduling Administrator.
Three (3) years' related experience
One (1) year related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.es [at] mcgill.ca