Promote and present a consistent image of McGill as a major institution of international caliber. Develop and implement communication services consistent with the University's mission and objectives, including news, public relations, social media, translation, graphic design, audiovisual, photography, web and multimedia. Promote strong relationships with volunteers, students, employees, external organizations and communities of interest. Organize conferences, symposia, workshops, campaigns and fundraising events. Publish brochures and newsletters. Create and maintain digital communications platforms (web and social media).
- Consult and collaborate with Macdonald Campus and Services for Students stakeholders to implement a comprehensive communications strategy for Services for Students on the Macdonald Campus
- Act as a resource person for peers, other staff, clubs and services on the Macdonald Campus.
- Identify needs, interests and areas of concern for the Macdonald Campus student population.
- Identify and/or explore potential additions to programs currently offered on the Macdonald Campus. Assess whether these programs meet the needs of the students.
- In conjunction with the Health Promotion Assistant, recruit, train and supervise peer health educator on the Macdonald Campus.
- Plan and organizes events, lectures and information seminars.
- Support the reconceptualization and implementation of new digital communications platforms (web and social media) in Services for Students,
- Provide writing and editing support for student-facing communications related to Services for Students on the Macdonald Campus.
- Provide writing, editing, production, design, acquisition, promotion and marketing services required for publications of the highest quality, to raise the Services for Students’ visibility and in support of the Student Life and Learning and University missions and culture
- Review web content (ensure accuracy and relevance of topics) and design. Write and edit articles and/or promotional material, as required
- Maintain good rapport with staff within all units and the University community. Establish and foster effective working relationships.
- Develop a plan to reduce disparities in risk factors and access to services and strengthen the response to the needs of ‘at-risk’ populations.
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Experience in research and proven ability to compose comprehensive, concise articles and web sites with attention to detail and accuracy. Must be self-directed and able to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Demonstrated organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects with specific deadlines. Familiarity with Student Services and other services at McGill is an asset. Must have a client-service orientation with a proven ability to receive, retain and clearly transmit information. Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to deal with sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy. Professionalism and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Proven success in facilitating and maintaining strong, consistent and positive communications. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using MS Office, desktop publishing, tools to edit and modify web-pages and other electronic media, e-mail and online tools. Previous experience working with McGill websites (Drupal) is an asset. Excellent English communication skills, spoken and written. French, spoken and read.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.stuserv [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than September 21, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.