Under the supervision of the Director, Macdonald Campus/Manager Communications, the Communications Administrator will assist with the daily operations of the McGill Athletics and Recreation Communications office.
- In collaboration with Communications Manager, contribute to the development of strategic communications plans, social media strategy and community awareness campaigns geared to the McGill community and beyond.
- Oversee video production of You Tube videos. Set production schedule and manage the shooting, editing and cataloging of video for a variety of projects including varsity and recreational sports using a specialized software and graphics programs
- Create digital assets and design of overlay graphics and other Photoshop and InDesign work.
- Use Photoshop and InDesign to create templates for a number of projects.
- Direct and oversee varsity game streaming.
- Provide McGill coaches and staff with new-media support and assistance (social media, webcasting, video streaming, etc.).
- Write, as needed, varsity game recaps in CP Style on deadline and post to the Athletics and Recreation website.
- Assist with the layout and production for CIS media guides, Fitness/Recreation and Membership flyers and other assorted Athletics and Recreation publications in both print and digital formats. In collaboration with Sports Information Officer, handle deadline-sensitive media requests.
- Provide support at events for department in areas of new technology including, but not limited to, video, streaming and broadcasting.
- Supervise casual employees and oversee their work. Assist in the training of casual staff.
- Organize photos for both historical and online viewing.
- Update the Athletics website as required. This includes updating athlete headshots, varsity schedules.
- Perform on-going website maintenance and updates
- Establish and foster effective working relationships with various stakeholders by identifying needs, providing support in the delivery of services.
- Assess and resolve problems. When appropriate inform supervisor and formulate recommendations.
- Attend meetings
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Degree or diploma in communications or related field (or relevant experience); Experience in video production; Excellent time management and organizational skills; Ability to work independently and in a team; Comfortable in PC and Mac environments, and able to troubleshoot issues independently with a variety of programs ( Office, Photoshop, InDesign and others); Able to react calmly under pressure; Knowledge and understanding of high performance athletics; Ability to work varied hours including evenings and weekends; Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize for deadlines; Understanding of emerging trends in communications and technology, especially in social media with a focus on online photography, video sharing and content management, and; Interest in developing content for broader distribution using social media and other emerging technology tools; Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and French.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill Sports Centre
475 Pine Avenue West
hr.athletics [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than August 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.