Under the general supervision of the Associate Director, Content and Publications, performs functions to support the University’s advancement objectives. The incumbent will create written communication materials designed to promote fundraising and alumni relations activities and strengthen its relationship with internal and external constituents.
Provide specialized editorial and writing support to UA Communications and other senior UA staff in the production of proposals destined for potential donors to the University. Produce campaign and fundraising communications materials in print and online, as well as news stories and other articles focusing on a group of faculties and schools assigned as areas of specialization.
- Prepare fundraising proposals in collaboration with UA staff and academic faculty members, which includes writing proposals, and editing and fact-checking draft proposals prepared by other development and University staff. This requires applying the highest standards of accuracy, logic, consistency, coherence, and grammar and adhering to McGill style and image standards.
- Liaise regularly with senior University and UA staff throughout the proposal production process, submitting edited proposals for review and approval, and coordinating translation as required.
- Provide input on project budgets, in collaboration with UA’s gift compliance team, as necessary.
- Finalize the contents and design/layout of proposals, including the sourcing and insertion of appropriate photos, and submit for approvals.
- Participate in preparing proposal writing and design/layout guidelines and provide proposal training to staff as required.
- Research and review current trends and practices in proposal writing and prepare recommendations for improving proposal writing at the University, as required.
- Assist with the creation and management of other special communications projects, including cases for support and material related to University fundraising and campaign priorities.
- Serve as a liaison with a group of faculties and schools for the creation of content showcasing news and achievements of academic staff and researchers, students, and alumni.
- Functionally supervise support staff as needed, ensuring the quality of work and respect of deadlines.
- Keep abreast of academic, social and community issues that pertain to the University and its priorities to effectively perform communications mandates.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.