Reporting to the Manager Compensation, the Compensation Advisor ensures the fair and equitable application of the McGill Salary Administration Policy and reviews, analyzes requests for job descriptions, job rematches, creation of new positions as well as a variety of compensation requests. Responsible for conducting/participating to compensation surveys and for the implementation of annual salary policies. Acts as a resource person for compensation issues and formulates recommendations.
- Reviews and analyzes requests for job descriptions, job rematches and creation of new positions for various employee groups including management, MUNACA, SEU, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes a variety of compensation requests including special salary adjustments, hiring salaries, non-base payments, vacation payout, etc.
- Conducts/participates to compensation surveys with other universities or organizations.
- Acts as a resource person, works closely with HR Advisors and representatives, as well as directors and managers on compensation issues, formulates and recommends solutions and alternatives.
- Responsible for the communication and implementation of annual salary policies for a variety of employee groups including executive, management, MUNACA, SEU, etc.
- Collaborates and provides support to the labor and employee relations team for costings during collective agreement negotiations.
- Participates to a variety of human resources projects: pay equity calculations and costings (retroactive and future); analyze, review and recommend various internal guidelines and business processes.
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
A minimum of 5 years experience in small project/annual process management, including activities, resources and communication planning with stakeholders an asset. Experience with a variety of compensation programs. Judgment, analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving, communication skills including strong ability to write job descriptions and other documentation. Presentation skills. Ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts and to provide guidance and make recommendations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Strong experience and knowledge using advanced EXCEL. Solid knowledge of job market and compensation trends. Knowledge and experience working on large pay equity programs. English and French spoken and written.
This posting is for two (2) positions.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
staffing.hr [at] mcgill.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.