Provides professional expertise in planning, development and implementation of health and safety measures in relation to CNESST requirements. Identifies the needs and recognizes voids related to health and safety on McGill construction sites. Establishes and enforces the master prevention program. Builds and maintains productive relationships with McGill stakeholders and contractors on health and safety culture.
- Identifies the needs and recognizes voids related to safety on the construction sites, and in relation to CNESST requirements.
- Represents McGill as an activist and advocate for construction safety to all employees working on-site (external and internal), Senior Administration, external agencies and CNESST inspectors.
- Leads training for McGill personnel and contractors in the principles of good practice. This includes continual training on updates in CNESST regulations, ongoing self-education on safety laws and disseminating any requirements imposed on construction sites and ensuring their compliance.
- Negotiates with negligent contractors and tradesmen and ensure compliance on-site with all Safety regulations. - Actively builds a culture of safety on McGill construction sites with all stakeholders.
- Builds credible working relationships, including explicit collaboration and consultation, with the CNESST inspectors who have been assigned to McGill construction sites.
- Establishes master ‘programme de prévention’ for McGill construction site,required by CNESST regulation when McGill is maitre-d’oeuvre.
- Writes reports and make recommendations to Senior Administration regarding all matters related to construction safety - Establishes and develops effective partnerships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Represents University officials at meetings where projects and use of resources are negotiated and participates in decision-making regarding University position on Construction Safety matters.
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is April 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.