Supervisors are responsible for the accomplishment of work through combined technical and administrative direction of others, assisting the McGill community with a wide range of computing resources. Provides direct supervision to professional and skilled employees. Includes responsibility for planning and scheduling work, appraising performance, and decisions around discipline and hiring.
- Plan, assign, review, amend, accept, and reject work done by teams or subordinates;
- Set overall team goals for large teams, smaller teams supporting unique or complex technology, or teams supporting large / multiple customer units;
- Manage HR related functions:
- Manage disciplinary procedures for clerical and technical staff, advise manager on issues with Management level staff;
- Perform annual performance dialogue;
- Identify training needs and relay to manager
- Provide guidance, training, mentoring, and coaching to staff;
- Approve casual hiring decisions;
- Make recommendations on permanent hiring decisions for technical, clerical, and management level staff;
- Work assignment planning and verification;
- Approve, deny, schedule vacation requests;
- Timesheet approval for casual employees.
- Solve complex problems for the team to ensure timelines and quality standards are met;
- Ensure processes and work procedures are well defined, analyzed, and updated regularly to maintain efficiency of the team;
- Develop and implement procedures and/or controls to enhance the operation of the team and provide administrative direction regarding the unit’s goals and objectives;
- Provide follow-up with clients to ensure that service level standards are maintained and to ensure customer satisfaction in relation to each unit’s services;
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments, and coordinate the preparation, presentation, and communication of work-related information to the Manager.
- Produce technical documentation and user documentation in conformance with standards;
- Foster and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and customers;
- Undertake special projects.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca