Under the general direction of the AVP Development and Dean, Faculty of Law, the incumbent will provide strategic development support in order to further enhance the fundraising capacity of the Faculty of Law and to optimize its short- and long-term philanthropic support. Leading a team of advancement professionals, the incumbent will develop, implement and manage the overall fundraising strategy for the Faculty of Law including special and major gift fundraising; comprehensive campaign planning and implementation; and donor relations and stewardship. The candidate will work collaboratively with Faculty members, senior management and advancement colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and evaluate potential donors and will develop major gift fundraising strategies and timetables to secure gifts. Furthermore, the incumbent will manage, integrate and lead volunteer work and special events to promote and foster a continuing interest in the Faculty of Law.
- Develop, implement and manage the overall fundraising strategy for the Faculty of Law including special and major gift fundraising; comprehensive campaign planning and implementation; and donor relations and stewardship.
- Develop major gift fundraising strategies and timetables, to secure gifts of $100,000 or more from top prospects in the portfolio.
- Work closely with Faculty members and senior management of the Faculty of Law to plan, coordinate, manage, implement and evaluate fundraising projects to address their respective needs and priorities.
- Lead the preparation of the Faculty of Law case for support documents by working closely with University Advancement and Faculty of Law academic leadership, in order to achieve goals and needs. Work closely with University Advancement Communications to ensure that messages and communications (case statements, proposals, bulleting, donor reports) are consistent with the University’s case for support and fundraising priorities.
- Lead a team of advancement professionals and assume management responsibility (HR, Finance) for the Faculty of Law Advancement Office.
- Manage a prospect portfolio (approx. 75-100) and carry out significant steps (moves) in accordance with a strategy designed to result in increased philanthropic support for the Faculty of Law.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects capable of contributing major gifts of $100,000 or more to support Faculty of Law priorities.
- Through personal visits, identify and qualify individuals to determine capacity, inclination and interests in providing special and major gift support to the Faculty of Law. Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Manage, integrate and lead volunteer strategy for the Faculty of Law including the Faculty of Law Advisory Board and a robust reunion and class giving program.
- In collaboration with the Alumni Relations unit, develop, implement and lead the Faculty of Law’ alumni relations and engagement strategy and action plan, with the goal of maximizing donations to support needs and priorities.
- Oversee the organization of special events geared to major gift prospects and to enhancing ongoing engagement of this particular group of prospects.
- Participate in Prospect Management System; ensure relationships with prospects and donors are managed and recorded in timely and appropriate contact reports, recording of proposals, etc.
- Undertake special projects.
Eight (8) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.