Under the direction of the Senior Development Officer and with a dotted-line report to the Executive Director, Athletics and Recreation, the Engagement Officer performs a wide range of activities to meaningfully engage alumni, prospects, donors and other members of the McGill community in Athletics and Recreation. The incumbent plans, develops and implements a variety of activities, events and engagement programs in alignment with Athletics and Recreations strategic objectives, maximizing philanthropic support for the University.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Athletics and Recreations key fundraising priorities.
- Identify, develop, implement and evaluate appropriate engagement programs, events and activities that can be leveraged for prospect engagement.
- Analyze Athletics and Recreations pipeline to determine appropriate engagement strategies to move the unit’s priority prospects through the giving stages.
- Identify individuals to determine capacity, inclination and interest in providing support to Athletics and Recreation. Obtain appointments, qualify and solicit McGill Annual Fund/Leadership gifts.
- Cultivate prospects capable of contributing gifts to Athletics and Recreation. Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Collaborate with coaches and support and assess their fundraising needs. This includes informing coaches of University Advancement policies/rules, assisting them to determine the best fundraising ideas to support their revenue generating needs. Provide support to their activities, such as crowdfunding campaigns, the M club, and team fundraising.
- Work with Athletics and Recreation Varsity Sports and Marketing and Communication Units on donor events. Oversee the logistics of alumni/donor recognition events and activities.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage network of Athletics and Recreation volunteers to assist with alumni engagement and fundraising activities. Responsible for all schedules and follow-up communications to volunteer’s pre-and post- meetings.
- Act as project manager and key liaison between Athletics and Recreation and central Alumni Relations and other key stakeholders in the implementation and delivery of engagement strategies.
- Develop, implement and lead all stewardship programs to ensure that Athletics and Recreation donors receive timely, accurate, consistent and appropriate impact information and recognition. Maintain all stewardship files for all gifts and coordinate and supervise activities in compliance with the central university advancement stewardship team.
- Participate in data capture initiatives and ensure data updates on all prospect and volunteer activity. This includes entering contact reports, mailing thank you cards and reports.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill Sports Centre
475 Pine Avenue West
hr.athletics [at] mcgill.ca