Under the direction of the Associate Director of Administration and as the senior member of the AEC's Financial Service Team (FST), the Financial Officer (FO) will support the Associate Director and Chairs in providing key financial analysis and recommendations aligned to support the strategic focus and mission of the departments within the AEC. The FO is responsible for financial management of all funds within the AEC's jurisdiction including operating, special, endowment and research accounts. The FO provides guidance to researchers on post award financial management activities including budgeting, compliance and reporting.
- Manages all financial activities for departments within the AEC including financial management, post award financial management, budget management and analysis. Ensures best practices and processes are in place to maximize compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations. Acts as backup to Financial Administrator to approve selected financial transactions.
- Responsible for the preparation of departmental budgets, forecasts and periodic variance analysis. Regularly provides financial reports to Associate Director and Chairs. Ensures all planning activities are aligned with departmental and Faculty priorities.
- Assists researchers to ensure obligations / deadlines are met. Ensures expenses are allocated to most appropriate funding sources and in compliance with grant, legislative, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Assists in identifying revenue generating opportunities, prepares business plans and offers recommendations to the Associate Directors and Chairs. Ensures financial support is available and meets the needs of all stakeholders including Chairs, Associate Director, academics, researchers and Fund Financial Managers (FFM).
- Liaises with all members of the AEC team as well as the department chairs, faculty members, departmental administrative staff and the Financial Affairs Team in the Faculty of Medicine's Dean's Office.
- Advises and trains AEC clients on University and Faculty of Medicine finance related policies and procedures.
- Supervises all members of the Financial Services Team (FST) within the AEC.
Three (3) years' related experience
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.