Under the direction of the Manager, the Financial Officer (FO) will support the Manager and the Faculty in providing key financial analysis and recommendations aligned to support the strategic focus and mission of the unit. The FO is responsible for financial management of all research funds within the unit’s jurisdiction.
- Establish financial priorities with the unit Manager, participate in budgetary planning and recommend budget allocations.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures, controls and record keeping for the unit.
- Exercise budgetary controls.
- Manage operating and research funds, authorize expenditures, audit all accounts and ensures compliance with University and departmental budget policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, assess and resolve problems requiring specialized accounting skills for managing clinical trials.
- Responsible for development of financial team job descriptions. Involved in hiring process of financial team.
- Provide input regarding financial impact of human resource issues to the unit director and manager, and ensure compliance with University human resource policies and procedures.
- Provide annual financial reports of the operations of the unit. Provide forecasts of future anticipated revenues based upon information available. Consult with McGill Financial Services on financial and accounting issues as necessary.
- Provide the director of the unit with monthly updates on the financial status and operations of the unit.
- Responsible for the budget development and proposal with the funding agency of investigator initiated trials in collaboration with the principal investigator and group leader. Verify proposed budget and ensure full cost recovery.
Three (3) years' related experience
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.