McGill University Human Resources (HR) is undergoing a major transformation as we move forward with the R2R (Recruitment to Retirement) project and implementation of Workday SaaS. To this end, McGill seeks to build a team of 5 to 8 Functional Business Analysts (for the Implementation & Operation of eight (8) business processes) to work with HR, Academic Personnel and the project management team to translate business requirements for our new system into functional requirements for our end users. The Functional Business Analyst (FBA) role will span the full Workday implementation and will continue once Workday is operational, whereby the FBA will be a reference for Workday and business processes for his areas of expertise. The FBA will work with, support and accompany the selected integrator in the set-up and configuration of business processes in Workday to improve McGill HR system functionality and service delivery as well as simplify and standardize the HR management process for both administrative and academic staff.
- Ultimately responsible for delivering quality solutions that will deliver the intended project benefits and are aligned with the HR Process Owner(s) for their area;
- Navigate the organization to drive process design in Workday and provide detailed system requirements;
- Sign-off on functional designs of integrations with Third Party vendors;
- Support test execution - elaborate business test conditions and expected results for the system configuration testing and user acceptance testing;
- Train "Super Users" and operational resources;
- Establish the needs for Change Management & Training in their area;
- Shadow the integrator functional specialist to become proficient in their future operational role.Operations:
- Viewed as a reference in Workday and business processes for their area;
- Manage the Focus Group for their functional area: facilitate user sessions, gather and prioritize requests for enhancements coming from the McGill community;
- Oversee the adoption of Workday and of best practices across McGill’s community for their area (leveraging Workday reports);
- Manage the administration of processes and workflow within their functional area (e.g. monitor approval);
- Oversee of realization of expected benefits;
- Perform configuration changes as required into Workday to support enhancements (business process, business rules, drop-down list change, etc.);
- Assess new Workday features as they become available and propose recommendations to the McGill Community;• Manage McGill’s roadmap for their functional area;
- Act as level 2 support to the '' Champion and Super Users '' of each faculty and ADMIN sectors, etc.;
- Build new reports.
Three (3) years' related experience
When applying, please include which of the following business processes you are most knowledgeable about and interested in:
- Time and Attendance;
- Organizational Master Data & Position Management;
- Recruitment and staffing + Onboarding;
- HR Master Data, Life Event, Labour Relations, Benefits and Disability Management;
- Compensation Management;
- Performance Management;
- Academic Tenure and Promotion.
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
staffing.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is March 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.