Under the supervision of the Senior Human Resources Advisor, the incumbent will provide high level confidential administrative support and human resources services to the Faculty of Medicine. This includes responsibility for the unit's personnel administration processes and coordination of a variety of human resources activities, including staffing, benefits administration, salary administration, labour relations and records management, training and guidance on Human Resource matters. Act as a liaison and resource person with various Administrative Excellence Centre’s (AEC) and departments across the Faculty of Medicine. Perform other duties as required.
- Perform a variety of operational activities in the HR cycle, from recruitment to retirement for the Faculty of Medicine.
- Verify and process appointment forms and changes of status, etc.
- Process POPS payments for administrative and academic one-time payments.
- Process leaves (parental and unpaid leave of absences).
- Respond to general questions and provide explanations concerning University personnel policies and procedures and the application of the
- collective agreements.
- Provide procedural and compliance advice to the AECs and other units on POPS and Minerva transactions, maternity leaves, sick leaves,replacement costs, holiday calculations, etc.
- Resolve problems within area of responsibility. Participates in the AEC training.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and files for arbitration cases.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Schedule meetings for HR Advisors within the unit. Prepare meeting minutes and follow-up on action items.
- Support HR Recruiters with recruitment dossiers. Track posting deadlines, pre-screen candidates, schedule interviews and administer
- candidate testing and verify results.
- Provide administrative back-up to unit’s HR Administrator positions.
- Perform other projects and related duties.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.