The Faculty of Medicine has aligned its financial and human resources activities into Administrative Excellence Centres (AECs). Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Administration, the team is comprised of specialists responsible for planning implementing policies and procedures in its departments. Reporting to the HR Advisor, the HR Administrator will assist with operational activities related to HR, from recruitment to retirement, provide support to the administrative team for the effective HR management for academic, and support employees within the assigned group of departments.
- Act as resource person to employees, managers and supervisors, with respect to a variety of Human Resources policies and procedures, the application of collective agreements and academic policies and procedures.
- Complete a variety of electronic forms and documentation pertaining to human resources functions (e.g. staffing, compensation, benefits, payroll, performance dialogue, and labour relations issues, etc).
- Complete and/or verify a variety of forms pertaining to academic human resources activities including tenure and promotions, leaves, terminations, retirement, salary awards, contracts and awards and appointment forms.
- Administer recruitment activities including preparing job postings, newspaper ads. May use various electronic recruitment boards for posting positions.
- Set up files for CV’s and applications. Conduct preliminary interviews and refer top candidates to areas. Administer appropriate standardized tests to candidates.
- Conduct exit interviews. Investigate reasons for employee turnover and recommend action to rectify the situation.
- Maintain database on probationary and trial period dates and other information.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.