Reporting to the Director, Information System Resources, responsible for the overall management of a team of analyst and/or specialists. Provide guidance to his team and serve as liaison between them and the business to meet schedules and goals of multiple Finances and HR projects. Working closely with Business Stakeholders, IT Project Managers, IT Managers and IT Technical teams, is responsible for implementing, evolving, maintaining and supporting IT services to meet the needs of the services in the portfolio. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the organization.
- Manage a team of analysts and/or specialists
- Develop overall department objectives with the Director
- Perform annual Performance Dialogue and ratings for direct reports.
- Provide coaching and motivation to his direct reports and establish training and development plan.
- Act as single-point of contact for the various Business and IT Stakeholders for the scheduling, planning, and delivery of the activities under own responsibilities
- Advise and support Business Stakeholders in the implementation and evolution of IT Services for the portfolio business domain under own responsibility and ensure the submitted business need requests are evaluated and prioritized
- Prepare and provide request status updates to Business Stakeholders through regular communication and Business Coordination Committees
- Ensure systems requirements are captured and solutions designed and developed to meet business requirements, in respect with the established architecture
- Ensure quality control is performed at each step of the Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Manage Suppliers relationship for third party software/services
- Implement best practices and methodologies and ensure own team stays abreast of new technologies
- Establish, promote, support and reinforce the use of standards to ensure the quality, suitability, reliability, stability and availability of IT Services under own responsibility is maintained
- Stay abreast overall on Software Delivery best practices to advise IT management on possible strategic direction
- Manage resource allocation: material and financial
- Exercise leadership in influencing others in attaining the established objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of short and long term plans related to IT management
- Work with clients to assess the degree to which IT investments are achieving their business objectives
- Support and advise University community on introduction of new technology
- Review productivity reports of unit and evaluates processes efficiencies and recommends improvements
- Analyze and manage the HR and Finance functions to improve the economic performance of IT
- Foster and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Undergraduate degree (related field)
Five (5) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Proven-track record in the implementation, development and support of ERP, client-server and web-application systems. Demonstrated ability to manage coach and lead multi-disciplinary teams.Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to understand and clarify business needs formulated by requesters and stakeholders. Leadership of influence and the ability to work well with multiple teams in cross functional set-up. (good team player).Self-motivated with strong focus on delivering results to meet the business needs.Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – ability to perform root/cause analysis. Experience in working with third-party software and third-party suppliers.Knowledge of Finance and HR business domains. Communication, writing, documentation and planning skills.Knowledge of the higher education sector (an asset).English, spoken and written. French spoken and read.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.