Reporting to the IT PMO Director, the Project Control Officer (PCO) will contribute to manage and control the project management planning, financial tracking and administrative aspects of projects or programs within IT Services. The incumbent will facilitate the tracking of several projects plan simultaneously, as well as monitor expenditures. This includes ensuring that all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and maintaining ongoing cost to help complete the forecast in accordance with the methodology put in place by the IT PMO and the ITS standards.
- Establish, maintain and support the Work Breakdown Structures, Project Plans and Master Program Plan for projects or programs in collaboration with the Project and Program Managers.
- Adapt current tools or develop new tools required to support the projects and programs in regards to planning, finance (budget, actuals, forecast, etc.), risks, issues, etc.
- Develop, manage and maintain Dashboards (Monthly delivery objectives, Issues log, Risks logs, Change Request Logs, Budget vs Forecast)
- Seek direction and decisions, in a timely manner, from the IT PMO Director, Project Managers or Program Managers on any issues that impedes the completion of the deliverables within the project schedule and budget.
- Develop, manage and maintain registry of deliverable acceptance records.
- Manage the financial aspects of projects or programs (including timesheets management).
- Identify and communicate deviation risks and issues for the projects or programs.
- Support Project and Program Managers to develop the project planning and timeline, identifying potential conflict schedule and dependencies with other projects. Produce projects and program progress reports.
- Prepare and participate in project meetings, produce meeting minutes and follow up with the relevant individuals for action items or issues;
- Responsible for Onboarding/Off boarding of team members (introduction to procedures, provide access to documentation repository, logistics).
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca