The IT Security Architect advise and guide the University in the planning, design, and implementation of information security strategies, technology, policies, processes and practices. Accountable for creating IT security architecture standards, including the implementation of the security program.
- Participate in the design of the security roadmap.
- Partner with leaders to drive security strategy and direction.
- Ensure that the University is leveraging optimum technologies to meet compliance requirements. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing security policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
- Research and benchmark security infrastructure technologies. Create IT security architecture standards.
- Provide security controls, process and technical advisory support to University.
- Develop and implement strategies that balance security recommendations with business needs. Serve as a liaison between the business and IT to provide technical and business solutions that meet business needs.
- Identify, quantify, and provide recommendations for mitigating security risks.
- Produce executive reports, including appropriate metrics that inform senior leadership as to the state of information risk and exposure and compliance
- Evaluate and recommend security software/hardware and its integration into existing architecture (proof of concepts).
- Provide information security subject matter expertise to technology teams and projects.
- Mentor other Security Analysts on an ongoing and often formal basis. Manage response to security incidents (e.g. data breaches). Aggregate, correlate and analyze data.
- Engineer, architect and implement information security solutions/infrastructure.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca