Reporting to the Director of Instructor Services and Educational Technologies (ISET), the Learning Experience Designer designs and contributes to the development of self-directed online courses and programs and supports the production and delivery of instructor-led e-learning activities. The incumbent works as part of a team that includes User Interface specialists, project managers and academic stakeholders (subject matter expert, academic coordinators and faculty). The School of Continuing Studies provides education and professional development opportunities to adult learners, across a variety of learning modes including in-class, blended, and online learning.
- Provide professional expertise and advice with respect to online and computer supported teaching and learning (e-learning).
- Participate in needs assessment and contribute to the planning of e-learning projects, including the estimation of anticipated resources and timeline.
- Assist Subject Matter Experts (SME) with guidance for the production of content for online and hybrid courses.
- Advise SMEs and instructors on a variety of relevant instructional and assessment strategies.
- Advise SMEs and instructors on available technologies and their integration within the instructional strategy and learning context.
- Structure, review and edit educational material and propose revisions for improvement;
- Plan and conduct quality assurance assessment of final educational products, establish evaluation metrics and standards. Prepare and conduct focus groups.
- Write, create and adapt reference material such as flowcharts, scripts and storyboards templates for the production of educational content.
- Write and create documentation (guide-sheets, videos, etc.) as well as training and orientation modules for use by SMEs, instructors and learners.
- Deliver and facilitate training workshops and seminars.
- Address requests for assistance and further training referred by academic units.
- Contribute to the development of successful online instructional strategies and models.
- Research and recommend various instruction delivery tools and resources.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and improvement of standard operation procedures.
- Lead a group of Learning Experience designers and developers in the context of large e-learning projects.
- Participates in university committees and working groups.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.conted [at] mcgill.ca