The Faculty of Medicine has aligned its financial and human resources activities into Administrative Excellence Centres (AECs). The mission of the AECs is to raise the bar of excellence in client service in the fields of human resources, finance and general management. Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Administration, the team is comprised of specialists responsible for planning implementing policies and procedures in its departments. The Academic Affairs Administrator is responsible for human resources activities related to academic staff.
- Support to the AEC team in the application of academic HR policies, ensuring consistency, equity and compliance across the Centre.
- Guide the Associate Director, Chair, and faculty members on academic policies and procedures and collective agreements concerning academic positions. Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Faculty Academic Affairs Office to ensure standards are met and record-keeping is complete, consistent and transparent.
- Assist HR Advisor with academic recruitment including advertising, coordinating visits and talks, assembling recruitment dossiers for approvals, (including medical manpower and immigration) and administering hiring documentation. Prepare letters of offer ensuring that all University and Faculty policies, procedures and collective agreements are respected.
- Assist with administration of promotion and tenure committees. Ensure documentation is complete and within deadlines. Develop systems to track tenure and promotion information, organize mid-point review for tenure track members. Ensure cohorts are aware of their responsibilities and follow through on them.
- Process appointments and reappointments, salaries and stipends, according to policies and procedures. Ensure applications for sabbatical leaves are complete and submitted on time. Ensure effective processing of documentation pertaining to terminations, retirements and leaves.
- Assist in the implementation of initiatives/programs/policies introduced by the Faculty and the Central APO.
- Collaborate regularly with other HR and academic affairs managers to identify and implement best practices and standardize services across all AECs that ensures consistency, equity and compliance.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.