- Administers accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Prepares journal and ledger entries. Processes or monitors the processing of financial and accounting transactions. Examines and analyses accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, tax laws as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of these matters and gives explanations to researchers, staff and agencies.
- Sets up accounts, sub-accounts, and budgets. Approves expenditures, receives funds and processes deposits. Compiles and prepares material to be sent to bank. Reviews, verifies and processes expense reports, requisitions, claims, advances, savings bonds, invoicing and charges.
- Monitors and reconciles various accounts, statements, and reports.
- Identifies and analyses discrepancies and errors. Makes corrections, processes adjustments and follows up on problems. Audits outstanding items.
- Verifies the completeness and accuracy of documentation.
- Performs various administrative and clerical tasks according to the needs of the unit. Prepares correspondence related to the duties of the position. Liaises with appropriate resource persons.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Three (3) years related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number by email to: apo.arts [at] mcgill.ca