Reporting to the IT PMO Director, the Project Manager will play an important role in delivering IT projects in areas such as infrastructure/middleware installation and upgrade, IT security, systems integration and IT processes improvement. Under general direction, develop and implement the assigned projects and provide a single point of contact for those projects. Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Liaise with various technical resources and stakeholders in a matrix organization comprised of IT and Business personnel. Conduct project meetings and follow up on project issues, schedule and risks. Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables. Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and resolution of problems.
- Execute projects utilizing established standard project management methodology including planning, scheduling, monitoring and managing projects through the entire systems development lifecycle, and to ensure time, cost and scope meets the customer commitments;
- Identify all resources and support (human, physical, financial) with the input of Resource Managers and Portfolio Managers required to achieve the project objective and deliverables;
- Establish appropriate relationships and communication tools and systems with suppliers, sub-contractors and other key personnel at McGill to ensure that all material, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and available to assure the meeting of project schedules;
- Manage and track the financial, time and resource aspects of project against a set budget and project plan;
- Seek direction and decisions, in a timely manner, from the Project Steering Committee or the Project Sponsor on any issues that impedes the completion of the deliverables within the project schedule and budget;
- Develop and implement an effective project communications plan, including planning, monitoring and adapting to address any communications needs throughout the project
- Liaise with all stakeholders, partners and interested parties on the project;
- Maintain a high performing team environment for the project which includes: conducting regular project team meetings, providing recognition (team and individual), providing corrective feedback specific to project tasks, ensuring high levels of enthusiasm for, and commitment to, the project;
- Provide guidance and support to team members when needed.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca