Under the direction of the Associate Director, the Administrative Officer is responsible for providing organizational and managerial support in terms of human resources and finance, to ensure the smooth functioning of the Ingram School of Nursing’s (ISoN) general administration. In conjunction with the Associate Director and the School’s Director, develop and implement work processes and procedures to enhance the administrative operations of the School and provide administrative direction regarding ISoN's goals and objectives.
- Provide administrative expertise across the School, including analyzing workload, and reviewing systems and resources to establish equity in labor distribution. Ensure effective working environments, ensure appropriate support to students and faculty, identify training needs to support new initiatives and offer training to administrative staff accordingly.
- Establish SMART objectives with specific milestones, monitor performance throughout the year via regular meetings, and adjust target objectives, as needed.
- Act as the permanent delegate for financial transactions on behalf of the Director, liaise with the Finance Officer of the AEC to ensure purchases are in compliance with McGill and funding agencies’ rules and regulations. Participate and collaborate in budget meetings with the Finance Officer and the Director. Respond to faculty questions regarding completion of expense reports.
- Monitor, promote and advocate the use of best practices regarding McGill financial policies and processes such as expense reports, endowments, BSA, etc. Liaise with the AEC Finance team to resolve issues that may arise when applying these practices.
- With the collaboration of the AEC finance team, supervise, plan and advise the student affairs team on maximizing the spending of revenue generated on an annual basis with respect to the memoranda of agreement associated with endowed funds. Provide functional supervision to the Student Affairs Officer.
- In collaboration with the Director, the Associate Director, and the HR team, and following a needs assessments, recommend selection of personnel; implement disciplinary actions; manage performance; supervise and manage all administrative staff; restructure the organization of staff, resources and space as appropriate for all the administrative staff.
- Oversee implementation and evaluation of new initiatives. Ensure process and procedures are well documented and updated. Identify, with the HR team, training tools and recommend professional development opportunities for the administrative staff.
- Analyze administrative problems, determine course of action, and provide advice to the Director, on problem resolution.
- In collaboration with the HR Advisor, advise and make recommendation to the Director and Associate Director on HR related issues (policies, performance, benefits, and training) for administrative staff. Acts as a liaison between the academic staff and the administrative staff, addressing concerns from faculty with regards to administrative performance and efficiency.
- Chair weekly/biweekly meetings with the Associate Director to discuss current issues and upcoming projects with the management staff and full administrative staff. Represent the Associate Director, when absent, at external meetings and report topics and conclusions discussed during the meeting.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.