The Administrator is responsible for providing high level organizational and support to the Director, Goodman Cancer Research Centre, by overseeing all issues related to scheduling, special events planning and extensive commitments. Performs and/or organizes activities in support of the daily operation by ensuring that administrative services are carried out in an effective and efficient way and are aligned with the strategic vision of the Centre.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Office of the Director at the Goodman Cancer Research Centre and for contributing to the smooth and efficient operations of the Centre’s Office.
- Plan, schedule and prioritize the agenda of the Director, follow up, independently and to completion, on numerous action items related to events, meetings and inquiries.
- Make travel arrangements for the Director and perform financial transactions (ordering, expense reports, reconciliations) when needed.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of research grant applications.
- Assess and resolve administrative problems in conjunction with the Operations Manager and make recommendations when appropriate.
- Anticipate and deliver a range of support (briefing materials, management of calendar, communication materials, searches) to allow the Director to maximize their potential to advance in their mandate.
- Produce documents and correspondence in an accurate, timely, and complete manner. Compose briefing notes and perform information searches on issues requested by the Director.
- Organize meetings, set up agenda, prepare files and briefing material; take minutes and follow up on action items, set up audio-visual equipment and arrange for catering when required. Prepare detailed itineraries for visitors and potential recruits when needed.
- Take responsibility for administrative and logistical matters with respect to the Director’s meetings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Supervise, oversee, and assign work for one support staff, approve leaves, vacations, and sick days for them.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.