Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative and secretarial support for administrative and student affairs activities. Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit's operations. Responsible for documents and files of unit. Acts as resource person for policies and procedures. Coordinates activities related to admission, examinations, registration and graduation. Advises students and resolves problems in relation to their files. Edits documents for grammar and accuracy. Administers unit accounts.
- Acts as resource person regarding academic and administrative policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate internal and external resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Receives and provides detailed information and explanations to students. Controls enrolment in courses. Participates in the organization of admissions and registration. Prepares, examines and verifies admissions and registration files related to courses and programs. Completes and approves forms concerning course or program changes, interdepartmental or interuniversity registration, and residency and internship programs.
- Assists academic advisors in relation to matters such as equivalencies, recognition of courses from other institutions, transfer of credits, and probationary status. Prepares and verifies files. Coordinates and schedules student interviews.
- Advises students in relation to their files. Resolves problems. Ensures the application of academic regulations and deadlines. According to the needs of the unit, prepares residency rotation and other student activity schedules, contacting the necessary officials to coordinate and verify placement
- Verifies and compiles grades. Coordinates submission of grades and requests for grade revisions as well as deferred exams. Verifies and corrects transcripts. Prepares for and attends evaluation meetings and follows up as required.
- Identifies and verifies files of graduating students. Prepares forms requesting diplomas and lists of graduating students. Prepares documents for convocation, attends and assists with this event.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to assist graduate students, applicants, and staff. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multitask. Attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet weekly and monthly deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment using word-processing, databases, and spreadsheets. Proven knowledge of Banner SIS and Minerva. English, spoken and written. French, spoken and read.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number by email to: apo.arts [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than November 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.