Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs duties related to admissions, registration and student accounts. Provides information and explanations concerning programs, policies and procedures. Processes admission applications, registrations, transcript requests and activities related to student account fee payments. Maintains files, records and resolves related problems.
- Provides general and detailed information concerning University programs and policies. Advises others concerning admission, registration and student accounts procedures. Ensures distribution of information packages, letters, forms and applications.
- Processes documents related to admissions, registration and placement tests. Assesses eligibility according to established guidelines. Prepares acknowledgement and decision letters.
- Maintains, updates records and files. Sorts, codes, enters and verifies information. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of information. Investigates and follows up on discrepancies. Consults appropriate documentation or resource persons in order to obtain and provide information. Resolves problems. Refers complex problems to resource persons.
- Explains and demonstrates the use of computerized information systems such as an automated registration system and student accounts system. Provides assistance in completing various forms.
- Initiates others in unit activities. Follows up as appropriate.
- Receives and follows up on matters related to student account fee payments. Processes requests for transcripts and letter of attestation. Produces ID cards and Health Cards.
- Prepares documents such as lists and reports.
- Maintains inventory of materials and supplies for unit.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Three (3) years` related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Excellent proven customer services skills with call center, student exchange, student accounts and student registration experience. Proven ability to communicate admissions and legal policies, procedures and requirements clearly and effectively to students and staff at all levels. Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task accurately with attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to understand and apply University policies, procedures and knowledge of Provincial and Federal legislation and guidelines as related to educational programs and Student services. Demonstrated ability to clearly receive, retain and transmit information. Proven ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and ability to work under pressure. Experience working in a PC environment using word-processing, databases, spreadsheets, MINERVA and Student Information Systems (Banner). Knowledge of the Student Life Cycle, an asset. Fluent bilingual, English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.es [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than November 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.