Under the direction of the University Registrar and Executive Director of Enrolment Services, the Human Resources and Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the functions of the Finance, Administration and Human Resources unit. The incumbent oversees all human resources processes which includes postings, interviewing, hiring, payroll, interpretation of policies, benefits and collective agreements. The incumbent prepares the operating budget for Enrolment Services and collaborates with the University Registrar and Executive Director in the identification and development of best practices and standardized administrative policies and processes. Plans and administers the unit's budgets and finances. Acts as liaison and resource person on human resources policies and procedures.
- Manage and oversee all the administrative, human resources and finance activities of Enrolment Services.
- Responsible for human resources management of the unit: manage all aspects of non-academic recruitment, labour relations, salary administration, benefits issues, position creation and abolitions, developmental assignments and payroll.
- Oversee the hiring of over 300 invigilators of final undergraduate exams and Enrolment Services casuals.
- Administer the financial operations of the unit. Participate in budgetary planning and recommend budget allocations. Prepare and submit operating and other budgets. Monitor operating funds and provides monthly reports to supervisor on status of accounts.
- Administer the human resources activities of administrative and support staff. Interprets various Collective Agreements and ensures that the rule and regulations of each agreement are adhered to.
- Manage the performance of administrative and support staff. Organize and manage workloads of administrative, finance and human resources support staff.
- Oversee the administration of physical resources.
- Keep abreast of new developments and policy changes in the University Human Resources and Finance implementation of all administrative processes and supporting policies for Enrolment Services.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.es [at] mcgill.ca