Reporting to the Manager, Donor Reporting, the Stewardship Associate will research, write, edit and design compelling stewardship reports and other communications pieces aimed at informing donors of the impact of their philanthropic giving. The incumbent will use knowledge of design and layout to contribute enhancements to the stewardship report template. In collaboration with colleagues in Communications, Donor Relations and other areas of University Advancement (UA), help develop strategies aimed at enhancing McGill’s donor reporting program, and enriching our capacity to communicate the importance of philanthropy in supporting the University’s teaching, research and community service mission.
- Research, write, edit, and design customized impact reports, as well as other targeted communications pieces aimed at donors and prospective donors.
- Manage a portfolio of donor reports, and work closely with central UA and Faculty-based fundraisers, Donor Relations and Communications colleagues to ensure that strategically considered, high-quality reports are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Participate in the development of strategic stewardship processes and assist in the implementation of improvements to the University’s Donor Reporting Program.
- Assist with special projects, which may include ad-hoc acknowledgements and other forms of unique donor recognition (e.g., videos, cards, scrapbooks, tribute books); and additional communications projects targeting donors, alumni, parents, students and other stakeholders.
- Provide information and expertise on stewardship standards to faculty-based staff and centralized UA units.
- Participate in the development and documentation of processes and infrastructures related to maintaining key stewardship programs over time.
- Collaborate with Communications colleagues to ensure that content produced for stewardship purposes can, where appropriate, be disseminated in promotional material of other types. Participate in and perform other related duties, as required, to support and promote the ongoing relationship of donors with McGill.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.