Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides nursing care, counselling, and assists physician. Organizes and participates in campaigns, educational programs and other activities related to illness prevention and health. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others, and participates in their training. Collaborates in research projects. Acts as resource person on health related matters.
- Performs preliminary examination and assesses patient’s condition. Records vital signs and other data in patient files.
- Provides medical and psycho-sexual counseling.
- Provides preventive care and treatment such as giving injections and vaccinations, taking blood, bandaging, disinfecting, giving basic eye examinations, and removing stitches.
- Schedules and arranges for outside procedures.
- Prepares and sterilizes instruments. Ensures appropriate disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Organizes and participates in campaigns, colloquia, clinics, workgroups, and activities related to illness prevention and health (nutrition, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception, suicide, etc.)
- Organizes, coordinates and facilitates health education programs. Researches and prepares health education materials.
- Maintains and updates database and files and processes documents related to activities of the unit. Makes recommendations regarding equipment and work methods to improve efficiency of unit.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Undergraduate Degree (Nursing)
Two (2) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Fluent in French and English, oral and written. Experience with collection of genital specimens will be considered an asset. Experience working in a clinical research environment will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
Applications must be received no later than September 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.