Work to integrate McGill's values, standards, and goals with respect to student life and learning into University policies, operations and procedures. Ease student integration into university life, support student learning and guide them towards a rewarding student life experience by offering a broad range of services in a supportive environment.
- Participate in student recruitment fairs, student exchange programs, convocation and graduation activities.
- Provide student admissions and enrolment services for undergraduate, graduate, certificate and diploma programs.
- Offer a variety of student services including career planning, campus life and engagement, scholarships and student aid, counselling and tutorial, health and mental health, immigration and international student services, services for students with disabilities, religious life, and other programs including athletics and recreation.
- Offer student affairs services including advising, student records, registration and exam and invigilation activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the unit.
- Provide professional expertise and advice to students and staff on a variety of student services issues.
- Provide professional counselling services to students on a variety of personal or academic issues and in cases of students in distress.
- Advise students on financial aid including budgeting and debt management programs. Interview students to assess need and award student loans and bursaries, according to adopted procedures.
- Develop and deliver seminars, workshops concerning career planning services. Advice students on a variety of job search skills and interviewing techniques. Liaise with potential employers.
- Offer and administer vocational tests and interpret results.
- Develop and conduct workshops designed to assist students in their search for work study program, employment after graduation or for summer employment.
- Maintain contact with other universities, organizations, government agencies and student representatives.
- Oversee government reporting and compliance.
- Participate at meetings, make recommendations and provide solutions.
- Supervise support staff and evaluate progress of assignments and results.
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.law [at] mcgill.ca