Contributes to the development and support of the IT Systems for the quality assurance activities. Maintains the quality and standards for test assets (tools, cases, template …). Supports other IT teams and business partners for testing strategies and execution. Participates actively in the execution of and follows the testing strategy and plans for all phases of one or more projects.
- Supports IT team and business users in the discipline of system testing.
- Leads the execution of test plans and strategies for all tests phases of one or multiple simple initiatives.
- Provides guidance in the execution of testing tasks based on priority and risks for simple enhancements and projects.
- Works collaboratively with the project team and business units to validate that test scenarios and cases are in accordance with functional specifications and business requirements.
- Provide estimates for tasks and artifacts under own responsibility.
- Validates that the test cases are appropriate and have the right coverage for the business requirements and functional specification.
- Develops the following artifacts (not limited to): tests cases, templates and testing tool configuration
- Assists in the development of testing documentation and maintains the quality and standards for test assets.
- Supports the Business users during user acceptance testing and coordinates activities as required.
- Holds and facilitates test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Communicates enhancement and project testing risks, test results, status, defect analysis and unresolved problems
- Uses and validates that testing methodology and best practices are applied in enhancements and simple projects.
- Updates processes to make testing more efficient through automation or other tools.
- Validates test scope, acceptance criteria, and testing risks to ensure quality deliverables.
- Assists in the set up of testing environments and data for testing.
Undergraduate Degree (Management Information Systems or Computer Science)
Three (3) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca