Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, carries out administrative tasks related to the recruitment and placement of students and graduates. Receives, reviews and distributes employment offers. Screens applicants. Organizes company presentations, information sessions and workshops. Prepares and publishes job postings. Participates in the preparation of publicity material. Liaises between employers and students. Acts as resource person and resolves problems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Solicits, receives and reviews offers of employment submitted by employers and clarifies requirements. Codes and enters data.
- Verifies qualifications of applicants. Screens and presents applicants to employers. Organizes appointments, interviews and company presentations. Develops and presents information sessions and workshops on job search techniques.
- Participates in writing, editing or developing job postings. Maintains electronic and paper bulletin board of employment offers. Contributes to the design and editing of publicity material.
- Distributes information to employers. Assists students in completing employment applications and other forms. Liaises between employers and students. Acts as resource person and resolves problems.
- Participates in the planning and organization of activities such as career days.
- Maintains and keeps up to date employer records and student applications.
- Compiles statistical data. Composes routine correspondence.
- Reserves interview rooms and conference rooms.
- Uses a variety of office equipment such as a personal computer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine and calculator.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Education & Experience:
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to clearly receive, retain and transmit information. Customer service orientation with a proven ability to listen and assist all clients with tact and diplomacy. Proven ability to resolve problems within area of responsibility. Discretion in dealing with confidential information. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task to meet regular deadlines. Attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Demonstrated ability to proofread texts and edit documents. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using word-processing, spreadsheets, database packages (such as MyFuture), electronic mail and Internet Search Engines.
English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.stuserv [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than September 19, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.