- Performs data entry to update management, patient or student record computerized information systems. Produces lists and reports using appropriate software. Keeps up to date with and implements standard computer applications. May act as resource person for standard office software.
- Receives, screens, directs and makes telephone calls; takes and relays messages. Arranges meetings and contacts participants regarding time, place and general purpose of the meeting. Attends meetings, takes and distributes minutes. When requested, schedules and arranges appointments and makes travel arrangements.
- Completes and files forms related to the general administration of the unit. Verifies accuracy and completeness of information on accounting, administrative and student affairs documents and makes necessary corrections. In performing these functions, works within clearly defined procedures, providing assistance as required to those responsible for student affairs or administrative affairs.
- Obtains, compiles and provides factual information by consulting relevant documentation and contacting appropriate internal and external resource persons. Greets visitors, and responds to general and student enquiries regarding area's policies, procedures and practices. Answers questions or provides referral to appropriate resource person.
- Performs various office functions such as sorting, filing and retrieving files or documents, photocopying and assembling of documents, posting notices, and receiving, distributing, addressing and sending mail. May act as messenger.
- Carries out routine administrative tasks such as taking inventory of and ordering office supplies, returning merchandise, and issuing keys. Contacts resource persons concerning facilities management and follows up on scheduled work. Reserves rooms for courses, seminars and other events, and books equipment and other services; makes changes when requested and/or necessary.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Three (3) years related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.stuserv [at] mcgill.ca