- Types various documents such as correspondence, manuscripts, reports, grant proposals, statistical tables, administrative forms and lists. Following instructions arranges for publication of materials, such as the departmental handbook, web pages and publicity brochures. Formats according to specifications using standard computer applications. Verifies for completeness and proof-reads for grammar and spelling. Composes routine correspondence.
- Performs data entry to update management, patient or student record computerized information systems. Produces lists and reports using appropriate software. Keeps up to date with and implements standard computer applications. May act as resource person for standard office software.
- Obtains, compiles and provides factual information by consulting relevant documentation and contacting appropriate internal and external resource persons. Greets visitors, and responds to general and student enquiries regarding area's policies, procedures and practices. Answers questions or provides referral to appropriate resource person.
- Receives, screens, directs and makes telephone calls; takes and relays messages. Arranges meetings and contacts participants regarding time, place and general purpose of the meeting. Attends meetings, takes and distributes minutes. When requested, schedules and arranges appointments and makes travel arrangements.
- Carries out routine administrative tasks such as taking inventory of and ordering office supplies, returning merchandise, and issuing keys. Contacts resource persons concerning facilities management and follows up on scheduled work. Reserves rooms for courses, seminars and other events, and books equipment and other services; makes changes when requested and/or necessary.
- Assists in ensuring the smooth functioning of special events such as symposia, conferences, exhibits, and special clinics. Takes reservations and appointments, collects registration fees, and answers general enquiries.
- Performs various office functions such as sorting, filing and retrieving files or documents, photocopying and assembling of documents, posting notices, and receiving, distributing, addressing and sending mail. May act as messenger.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Three (3) years related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.