Friday, November 10, 2017
Senior Administrative Coord (PED 00169, DD011B, Level 011B)
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, oversees the day-to-day operations of a unit and make recommendations to improve unit efficiency. May organize, distribute and verify the work of a small group. Acts as the main contact for policies and procedures, resolves complex problems, instructs others. Authorizes and is signing authority for electronic forms and other documents related but not limited to employee salaries, benefits, pension, records and payroll. Provides comprehensive support to the organization of major conferences/meetings. Liaises with external organizations and government agencies. Responsible for documents and files of the unit. Maintains computerized information systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the unit/department. Establishes priorities and schedules of projects. Participates in the development and implementation of projects, work methods and procedures. Recommends procedural changes to improve unit efficiency, including recommendations on staff requirements. Follows up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Acts as resource person regarding the unit's policies and procedures. Resolves complex problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Updates, prepares and coordinates publication of documents such as publicity brochures, departmental handbooks, and annual reports. Drafts correspondence and other short documents of a complex nature. Formats documents and edits for grammar, spelling and accuracy. Takes notes and types various documents such as correspondence, reports, memos. Signs certain documents.
- Maintains supervisor's agenda. Sets up appointments, reminds supervisor of appointments and organizes schedule according to priorities.
- Coordinates arrangements for large and complex events such as symposia and conferences. Makes travel arrangements.
- Ensures inventory and purchases supplies and equipment. Arranges for servicing of office equipment. Sells some items such as course notes and maintains cash box.
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion at all times. Proven experience dealing with a variety of high-profile external and internal clients; ability to build constructive and effective relationships. Proven experience with administering complex, multi-faceted agendas. Must be able to prioritize multiple requests, including the ability to conduct comprehensive evaluation of issues, to determine priorities and meet deadlines. Attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to resolve problems. Excellent organizational and effective communication skills; proven ability to compose, proofread and edit correspondence and reports using appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation. Proven flexibility in order to adapt to frequent changes and demands. Demonstrated ability to take minutes at meetings and assemble agendas. Experience with event planning. Knowledge of University policies and use of systems would be an asset (Banner/Minerva/electronic filing practices). Proven experience to create and update websites and design brochures. Demonstrated ability to work in MS Office (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Acrobat). Bilingualism an asset; English and French, spoken and written.
Chair, Department of Pharmacology And Therapeutics (Medicine)