Under the supervision of the Director Foundations and Corporations and in consultation with the Assistant Vice-Principal, Development, and working closely with the Primary Gifts team, deliver on McGill’s foundation philanthropic strategies. Cultivate a portfolio of foundation prospects to sustain and substantially grow foundation philanthropic revenue for McGill’s next campaign. Assist with the conception and implementation of new foundation relations strategies for McGill.
- In consultation with the Director, Foundations and Corporations, cultivates a portfolio of foundation prospects to sustain a pipeline of annual foundation revenue of $20M+, as well as to substantially grow foundation revenue for McGill’s next campaign.
- Assists the Director with the development of a holistic foundation fundraising program, providing expertise in a diverse range of foundation relation and foundation fundraising activities, providing guidance to the University community on the processes governing the University’s foundation fundraising strategies across both Research and Innovation and University Advancement, with the objective of maximizing foundation philanthropic support for McGill.
- Establishes close partnerships within RI and works jointly with RI to increase the University’s Philanthropic Research commitment (which also counts in UA’s totals), meeting with the Office of Sponsored Research regularly to coordinate and advance foundation and association files.
- Identifies, cultivates and manages a portfolio of high net-worth foundations working to secure foundation gifts for the University in support of McGill’s most strategic priorities. Solicits, negotiates and leads relationships with foundation donors, involving the Director and senior University administration to advance foundation relationships where necessary.
- Works closely with University Advancement's Prospect and Pipeline Management unit to rate foundation prospects, identify new foundation prospects, and conduct prospect research.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships across McGill, working closely with the Vice Principal (Advancement), the Vice Principal (Research and Innovation), the Assistant Vice Principal (Development), Executive Director, Primary Gifts, the Provost’s Office and development colleagues in the faculties to manage and coordinate strategic approaches to foundation donors with a view to effectively coordinating across departments and promoting McGill’s interests and priorities.
- Acts as a liaison between University Advancement and the Office of the Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation and the Provost’s Office on issues related to foundation fundraising in order to leverage existing relationships and to further strengthen philanthropic support of McGill.
- Communicates goals and objectives of the Foundation portfolio, working to engage the input of development colleagues across the Faculties and assist in advancing Faculty-based foundation targets, while providing guidance and leadership to the University community in all dealings with philanthropic foundations.
- Assists with development of strategies and ensures that foundation donor recognition, acknowledgement, stewardship and communications obligations are being fulfilled.
- Undertakes special projects designed to heighten the profile of the University in the philanthropic foundations communities, working towards strengthening University relationships with foundation leaders and this across departments and at the senior most levels of the University.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.