Under the direction of the Director of Administration, the Senior Human Resources Advisor oversees all the HR operations for both academic and administrative affairs for the Faculty of Arts. The Senior HR Advisor works closely with the Director of Administration and the Dean to develop strategic, short and long term plans and provides leadership and expertise in advancing the HR strategy for the development and implementation of new initiatives in support of the Faculty’s academic and administrative mission. They develop and implement human resources policies and programs to maximize faculty effectiveness; integrate human resources strategy into policy and planning frameworks; promote organizational effectiveness and cultural change.
- Provide expertise in HR management to the Faculty’s HR team.
- Participates in the establishment of the strategic direction of the Faculty and the HR unit.
- Liaise with other senior Faculty administrators including the Dean, Associate Deans, the Director of Administration and the Senior Budget Officer.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to support Human Resources effectiveness with the Administrative Service Centre’s and establish the strategic direction of HR services within the areas within their jurisdiction.
- Manages the labour relation issues pertaining to all union groups (MCLIU, MUNACA, MUNASA, AMURE and AMUSE). This includes representing the Faculty for arbitration and disciplinary cases. Represent faculty and act as resource person in meetings and at the Commission de Relation du Travail (CRT).
- Responsible for compensation management in the Faculty for all employee groups. Ensure internal equity across the Faculty within employee groups. Oversee annual academic and administrative salary policy for the Faculty.
- Responsible for overseeing and coaching supervisors on the implementation of the University’s performance dialogue plan for the Faculty.
- Serves as the senior adviser to department heads to administer and facilitate all Faculty human resource activities.
- Design, evaluate, and maintain standard human resources models and processes to ensure sound operations and to inform Faculty leadership regarding HR performance.
- Supervise a team of three staff.
- Keeps abreast of new development and trends in University Human Resources administration, including the planning, development and implementation of all HR processes and supporting policies for the Faculty.
Five (5) years’ related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Arts at apo.arts [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is April 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Arts will only contact applicants selected for an interview.