As a member of the Office of Innovation team, the Senior Program Manager, Innovation and Partnerships provides strategic counsel and comprehensive program management in priority areas related to strengthening the innovation ecosystem at McGill University. She/he serves as a key advisor to the Associate Vice-Principal (Innovation) and members of McGill’s senior administration. The incumbent leads, develops, plans, and implements programs related to innovation. Furthermore, she/he brings the experience, knowledge, and passion needed to take leadership in transformative pan-University and interdisciplinary initiatives.
McGill University Venture Mentoring Program:
- Scope and design, with Associate Vice-Principal (Innovation) and Office of Innovation team members, stakeholders and external partners, a plan to implement a pan-University Venture Mentoring Program.
- Act as program lead for implementing and managing McGill’s Venture Mentoring Program, as well as sourcing or developing the necessary software platform required to operate the program.
- Prepare Terms of Reference for mentors and mentees (entrepreneurs), create program materials, and marketing to recruit mentors (alumni and non-alumni members) and McGill entrepreneurs.
- Liaise with Office of Innovation team members, Deans, University Advancement, innovation stakeholders, and McGill’s Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship to identify entrepreneurs fit for the mentoring program.
- Monitor program performance and outcomes throughout different growth stages, share KPIs with senior management team to develop a long term, financially sustainable program.
Strategic Planning and Staffing:
- Contribute to rigorous in-depth analyses of four innovation initiative themes conducted by the Office of Innovation Working Group on innovation initiatives.
- Develop with Associate Vice-Principal (Innovation), an implantation plan to integrate the initiative(s) across the university and in innovation ecosystems regionally and abroad.
- Manage pilots pertaining to the innovation initiative(s) in collaboration with researchers, Deans, University Advancement, students, and multiple partners.
- Work in close cooperation with Associate Vice-Principal (Innovation), University Advancement, and Office of Innovation team to craft fundraising strategies related to McGill’s innovation initiative.
- Perform in-depth analyses of innovation trends, priorities, and/or emerging opportunities, and develop insights to inform innovation priority-setting across McGill’s campuses.
- Serve as interviewer when recruiting interns and associates to support innovation initiatives, and mentor interns and associates with their tasks to support an enriched learning environment.
- Serve as an ambassador to internal units, peer institutions, and organizations on initiatives related to innovation.
- Serve as a collaborator, resource person, mentor, and/or helper for all McGill Faculties, Schools, Units, and students interested in developing local innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives.
- Collaborate with PGSS, SSMU/MCSS, Deans, Facilities Management, Legal Counsel, and Risk Management in planning innovation spaces at both campuses, and for the use of Faculty Labs and equipment by McGill affiliated start-ups.
- Prepare guidelines, better management practices, and other resource materials to support a culture of safety (safe spaces for everyone, personal health and safety) and creativity for innovation.
- Cultivate relationships between managers of innovation spaces and the Office of Innovation to support continuous learning, and host innovation events in these spaces.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
staffing.hr [at] mcgill.ca